Hate to be the only one whose phone is ringing during meetings? Want to set your Android smartphone to silent at certain times of the day? Require Bluetooth to be switched on when you reach your car? Worry no more - here are some apps that can help you out.
Here's our review of 2 best task managers for android phones and tablets.
The AutoCalm app pretty much does what it starts out to do (judging from its moniker) - which is to configure your phone to either silent or vibrate modes during certain events. The simple app can be synced with any Google calendar of yours (shows up to 4 week's worth of events) and is able to set events to either mode at one go. Otherwise, if most of your calendar events don't require phones to be quiet, the app also allows you to silence your phone according to an individual day's worth of events instead. Other features include creating your own sound profiles.
- The AutoCalm app is a simple and useful app for those who require their phones to be silent during important events.
- First off, select a Google calendar. The selected sound profile (silent or vibrate) would automatically be applied to all events within a 1-4 week range. However, you can later make edits to individual events if you wish to.
- Using AutoCalm, you can create individual sound profiles as well (duration, begin time, end time, repeat). There are general presets available for your pick if you aren't that fussy.
- The app also allows you to set your phone on silent or vibrate mode for an extended period of time (days, months and even years).
RingWise (Auto Silencer)
Price: Free / $1.28
The RingWise app is similar to AutoCalm with some exceptions. The free version works just fine but if you have the extra dollar to spare, we suggest buying the full version. Additional features include the ability to monitor more than one calendar synced with your Google account, receiving missed calls and SMS alerts after each event, and more. Otherwise, the free version is pretty straightforward and only requires a few clicks and ticks on your part to set up.
- To activate RingWise, you first have to select a Google Calendar.
- Smart Flags Is a feature that allows users to silent your phone during more important events via keywords.
- On the paranoid side? You can get RingWise to trigger the silent or vibrate mode by first enabling and then adjusting the Grace Period feature.
- Additional features that are not in the free version include notifications of missed calls and SMSes during an event.